Applying for the MA in WGSS
Apply for the Master of Arts in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies through the Graduate School’s online application system.
February 1 priority deadline (for funding consideration) for Fall admission
May 15 for Fall admission
October 1 for Spring admission.
For additional information on funding, see our page, “Funding Your Graduate Education.”
Prior to submitting your application, contact the Director of Graduate Studies, Dr. Danielle Bouchard, at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an informal conversation. She can answer any questions you have, as well as give you additional insight into the WGSS MA program.
In addition to the standard information requested, you will also need to submit the following as part of your application:
Graduate School Requirements:
- Application processing fee (currently $65) WGSS cannot view your application or make an admission decision until your application is complete and the processing fee has been paid.
- Official transcripts from prior colleges and universities.
- Three recommendations from professors (preferred) or employers. WGSS strongly recommends that you request recommendations from professors, ones who can speak to your skills as a student and your preparation for graduate school.
Women’s. Gender and Sexuality Studies Additional Requirements:
- A personal statement describing your preparation for graduate school and explaining how the WGSS MA program aligns with your academic and professional experiences and goals.
- An academic writing sample, such as a research paper from an academic course. This should represent your best work and should be a substantial piece of writing. Ideally, it will deal directly with WGSS content and themes. It should also demonstrate your critical analytical skills and an ability to develop an argument.
- An academic and professional CV (curriculum vitae) or résumé (only required if you are applying for an assistantship or other funding).
If you have questions about applying for the MA program in Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies, please contact the WGSS Director of Graduate Studies, Dr Danielle Bouchard, email@example.com.